On behalf of the Region 7 Regional Administrative Committee, we are so pleased to announce that Jen (Bundy) Bortz has been elected as our new Regional Administrative Chair! Jen previously served as Regional Elite Chair, and we are thrilled to have her back on the committee, and in her new role. She will be a huge asset to our committee, and our region!
INDIANAPOLIS, March 11, 2015 – USA Gymnastics has selected the sites for 2016’s three Junior Olympic championship events for women’s gymnastics: U.S. National Junior Olympic Championships, Fort Worth, Texas; Junior Olympic Level 9 Eastern Championships, Virginia Beach, Va.; and Junior Olympic Level 9 Western Championships, Missoula, Mont. The Junior Olympics is USA Gymnastics’ age-group, developmental program, and these three events feature the country’s top female gymnasts for Levels 9 and 10.
I am pleased to share with you information regarding the Lynn Perrott Memorial Scholarship. We have been working with Lynn’s family to create a scholarship opportunity that pays tribute to Lynn’s dedication to the athletes in Region 7. This year we will be offering a scholarship in the amount of $5,000. to an athlete that best fits the eligibility and application criteria. I have attached information about the scholarship as well as the scholarship application. Please share this with athletes who may be interested in applying for the scholarship. The application deadline is April 20, 2015. Applications will be reviewed by members of the RAC committee as well as Lynn’s family. We will announce the scholarship recipient after June 1, and will award the scholarship at our 2015 Regional Congress June 26-28.
Scholarship applications, with references, should be mailed to Linda Johnson, RJOCC (mailing address included in attached information) on or before the deadline.
Please note the eligibility criteria for applicants:
~Current Level 8-10 from Region 7
~Plans to attend college
~Has not received a gymnastics scholarship
The response from the regional community for the Lynn Perrott Memorial Scholarship Fund has been amazing! We plan to offer this scholarship opportunity annually to keep Lynn’s memory and spirit alive in Region 7. It has been such an honor for all of us involved with this scholarship fund to be a part of this tribute to Lynn. Thank you all for your support!
Region 7 JOCC
Cell: (443) 569-9412
Home and Fax: (410) 721-5853
2015 USAG Graduates – Please submit your Senior Bio information for use at States and for featuring on the USAGNJ Website.
Use the Senior Bio Form in the sidebar under USAG-NJ Forms or click the link below.
The National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association, NCATA, is now a varsity NCAA Division II college sport, currently at 12 institutions, with scholarships available.
Amber King Notes – Head Acrobatics & Tumbling Coach at Glenville State
Glenville State Fact Sheet
Glenville State Prospect Student Athlete Checklist: Acrobatics & Tumbling
The 2015 Region 7 Training Camp schedules have been announced.
27 April 2015
Team 7 Edge (Level 10 National Qualifiers)
Parkettes, Allentown, PA
10-12 July 2015
Pre-Season Prep (Levels 8-10)
World Class Gym, Newport News, VA
18-20 September 2015
High Performance Training Camp (Level 9/10 National/NIT/Easterns Qualifiers)
Woodward Gym Camp, Woodward, PA
Regional Technical Director answers Questions about Mounting Beam: p. 88, 4a states: At levels 1-5 any manufactured mats, skill cushions, or padded spotting/ skill blocks may be used for mounting purposes.In 4d it states: At levels 4-10, the board (or mount mat) may not be placed on an 8″ skill cushion for the purposes of mounting.
1. Does that mean that levels 1-3 can use the mount mat on top of an 8″ skill cushion for the mount, whereas the other levels cannot?Yes, We are interpreting as such.
2. If they use two 4- 41/2″ mats, they are allowed to put another 4″ for a total of @12″ and still use a board But, they cannot use one 4 1/2 in and add an 8″ skill cushion which also totals @12″. So does that mean that it’s the composition of the 8″ mat that you do not want a board on versus 12″ of matting, since both combinations of mats still equal 12 inches?You can use the two 4 1/2 inchers plus and additional 4 1/2 incher plus a board for mounting although we typically don’t see this. You cannot use an 8 incher over the 4 1/2 incher. We believe this originally was because the JO committee felt that the board would tear the comparatively soft surface of the 8 inch skill cushion.
3. So is it true that all levels 1-10 can use one 4 1/2″ landing mat plus two 4″ mats and put a board or mount mat on top of that mat combination for mounting purposes?
Yes, although, again we typically don’t see this. Page 88 #4.
Congrats to Arena Gymnastics for winning the Team Championship.
52 Clubs participated and 6 new State Records were set.
Well done everyone!
115.00 Atlantic Coast
114.850 Bright Stars
114.575 Rising Stars
114.350 Head Over Heels – Parlin
114.100 MG Elite
During the winter months, we all need to take precautions when planning to attend gymnastic competitions. Please pay close attention to weather reports and please plan with care. As always, arriving safely is our number one concern.
Here are a few notes that I must share with you:
1. I am asking all hosting clubs to update their websites with current information. This will help with planning and distributing information to everyone. Please also have your phones staffed for emergency calls.
2. Most gymnastic competitions are not cancelled. This is where your own personal judgment must come into play and maybe you would prefer to leave the night before the competition.
3. Gymnastic schools incur a lot of expense when hosting meets and if a meet is not cancelled, please note that refunds will not occur.
For added safety, gymnastic competitions can delay the start of competition and adjust schedules as needed.
4. Please add extra time when driving in hazardous conditions, I want you to arrive safely.
5. Clubs should be sure their coaches have an up to date call list of their athletes. Developing a phone tree will help to get information generated in a more timely fashion.
Tel (215) 364-7379 Fax (215)364-7878
Dear New Jersey USAG,
“I’d like to start off by saying thank you! Thank you for your professionalism and your excellence in coaching. I’ve been stopping by at meets / judging competitions and I’m constantly amazed watching you work. Thank you for treating our athletes with kindness and care, every child is a gift and they all deserve to be treated special.”
We regret to inform you that Lynn Perrott, our Region 7 Chairman of many years, passed away yesterday shortly after entering hospice care.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
Come bring stories and memories to share.
Date: Friday January 2, 2015
Place: FCF World Outreach, 9306 Winands Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117