As a reminder to everyone, all petitions due to injury need to be into me by this Friday, March 17th. The ONLY exceptions to this are the gymnasts who are injured during the state meet. (Completed paperwook including the doctor’s note can be in by midnight Wednesday, March 22nd) Make sure you enter the petitioned gymnast into the Meetmaker program which will be up this Friday.
Due to the lateness of the New Jersey State meet, I am also requesting completed petitions be sent to me by this Friday. The only other petitioned gymnasts from New Jersey will be those gymnasts injured during their state meet.
So far I have no received any injury petitions from New Jersey.
Many thanks in helping to expedite this process.
Region 7 RTCC
Parents and gymnasts are reminded to check with your coach or club to get the latest meet information.
Level 8 Regional Meet updates:
1. Due to unexpected volume, the host hotels are booking fast. Families may need to reach out to other venues in the Pittsburgh/Beaver/Airport/
3. Attached please find a form for Shout Out Banners. In an effort to be green, this is being done IN PLACE OF the traditional programs. Scoring sheets will still be offered.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
Attached is application information for the 2017 Lynn Perrott Memorial Scholarship. This $5,000. scholarship will be awarded to an eligible graduating senior, currently competing in the sport, and who has not received a gymnastics scholarship for college.
The deadline for submitting applications for this scholarship is April 21, 2017.
USAGNJ is seeking nominations for it’s NJ Gymnastics Hall of Fame. If you know of a person that did gymnastics,coached or judged for over 5 years in the State of NJ, has outstanding accomplishments and has been retired for at least 5 yrs, please take the time to nominate them for consideration into the NJ Gymnastics Hall of Fame. All nominations will need:
- Picture of the nominee
- Completed nomination form (Form can be found on the USAGNJ website)
- Short bio (max 1 page)
The picture, nomination form and bio must be emailed back to Mary Peters, Mcpeters06@gmail.com. Nominations must have all three parts to be considered. Submissions must be received by June 1, 2017. All nominations submitted after June 1, 2017 will be held and considered for the following year. After 2yrs, they will be dropped off the list and must be re-nominated.
New Jersey USA Gymnastics is currently accepting nominations for Annual Individual Awards. These awards are for Gymnasts, Coaches, Judges, Clubs and Individual’s that where outstanding in the 2016 Season.
Important updates & clarifications from NJ SACC.
All Coaches and Club Owners need to read – HERE
Dear USA Gymnastics Leaders,
It was brought to my attention that there has been a misinterpretation of the rule regarding the number of springs allowed/required in the spring board. I have discussed this issue with the National Technical Chair as well as the National Xcel Chair and we all agree with the explanation below:
The statement listed in the Rules and Polices (below) is quite accurate; however, there have been others who have not interpreted it in the way it was written.
- 55 (Xcel chapter) and P. 91 (JO chapter)
“All Meet Directors must arrange to have boards that accommodate gymnasts of varying weight. Any boards brought in to a competition must be assigned to an event and must be available to all gymnasts in that session for warm-up and competition. The following 3-4 spring configurations for the springboard have been approved and may be utilized in USA Gymnastics sanctioned competitions:”
Here are the two issues which have arisen:
- Interpretation that the board must ONLY be used with 3 or 4 springs and some judges have informed the coaches they must take out additional springs to ONLY have 3 or 4 springs and that using more than 3 or 4 springs is a deduction. Please refer people to the following sentence: ”…springboard have been approved and may be utilized in USA Gymnastics sanctioned competitions.” It does not say MUST be utilized in that manner.
- Coaches do not want to take the back springs out of the board to accommodate the illustrations in the Rules and Policies. Only the 3 illustrations for a 3-4 spring board are allowed for the use of 3 or 4 springs in a springboard. The coach is not allowed to come up with a different configuration that suits his/her needs. This would result in a deduction of 0.30that will be taken for using incorrect apparatus specifications. (P. 7 of the Code of Points)
Thank you in advance for assisting in passing along the correct interpretation of this rule.
Tom Koll, NJOCC, Cheryl Hamilton, NTCC, Claudia Kretschmer, NXCC
Claudia DiBenedetto is a Level 10 athlete training at Head-Over-Heels Gymnastics where she is coached by Toni Borden and Sonny Smoljan.
She resides in Eatontown, NJ with her parent’s Joe and Carla.
In the fall, Claudia will be attending Quinnipiac University to study Health Sciences.
Scholarship to Quinnipiac University for Acrobatics and Tumbling
2016 Level 10 Regional Qualifier
2014 Level 9 Regionals: 4th Vault
2014 Level 9 NJ State: 2nd Vault
2011 Level 8 NJ State Qualifier
2010 Level 7 NJ State Qualifier
2009 TOPs National Qualifier
2008 TOPs “B” National Team
Words of Wisdom:
“When you’ve got something to prove, theres nothing greater than a challenge”