During the winter months, we all need to take precautions when planning to attend gymnastic competitions. Please pay close attention to weather reports and please plan with care. As always, arriving safely is our number one concern.
Here are a few notes that I must share with you:
1. I am asking all hosting clubs to update their websites with current information. This will help with planning and distributing information to everyone. Please also have your phones staffed for emergency calls.
2. Most gymnastic competitions are not cancelled. This is where your own personal judgment must come into play and maybe you would prefer to leave the night before the competition.
3. Gymnastic schools incur a lot of expense when hosting meets and if a meet is not cancelled, please note that refunds will not occur.
For added safety, gymnastic competitions can delay the start of competition and adjust schedules as needed.
4. Please add extra time when driving in hazardous conditions, I want you to arrive safely.
5. Clubs should be sure their coaches have an up to date call list of their athletes. Developing a phone tree will help to get information generated in a more timely fashion.